Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Magnificent Slot Canyons Of Page Arizona

Page AZ is the place to be to see the magnificent slot canyons.  These incredible formations are located just a few minutes outside of town at a place called Antelope Canyon.  Guided tours are available in several locations in town or you can venture out on your own to the smaller side of the canyon that is on Navajo Nation land so there are fees to pay directly to the attendant in the parking lot; it is worth the cost!

We were pleasantly surprised that we had the place all to ourselves.  The minute I slipped down into a small fissure that I discovered on top of the sandstone wash I was immediately drawn into the cavernous beauty and found myself practically running through the crevices to see more of what was around every corner. 

I call this formation the Sphinx

The changing light overhead made for breathtaking colors and hues that illuminated off what appeared to be red sandstone.  It's a photographers paradise and I highly recommend visiting this fantastic area. 

No comments: