From Del's Desk:
Special Land Use Update from Del Albright: 3/22/2010, NOTE: Farmington, NM URGENT letter request #7 below…
1. Land Use Article: I want to make sure you know my latest article on land use and access is available to you and your club/websites. Called “Stop the Stink,” I think you’ll find it an interesting read about what is going on in our country these days. Download/read article here: http://www.delalbright.com/Articles/stink.html
2. Businesses Team Up for Land Use Travel: More and more events, conventions and organizations are asking for my help these days in saving trails and keeping our sports alive. Thank goodness businesses know how important this is and are kicking in to help fund/sponsor some travel. This is worthy of mention because as you’ve probably heard me say before, let’s buy from businesses who are helping us save our trails – those doing something for landuse. For Moab Easter Jeep Safari, I’m proud to be teamed up with some more great off-road outfits – GenRight Off Road is leading the charge at the premier level; Motorsports Fabrication Services (MFS) has spent a week getting tons of fixits and “to do list” stuff done on the Jeep; and Nemesis Industries has kicked in a donation to help as well. See more on this here: http://jeepndel.blogspot.com/
3. RLTC Online Volunteer Training Course: RLTC is a unique (nothing else like it in the recreation/off-road world) online volunteer training course with several hundred students/graduates around the country. If you have it on your desk, it is never too late to start. If you’ve been thinking about starting, now is a good time. Learn more here: http://www.rltc.biz/
4. Land Use Blogs: I am getting pretty good about keeping up my land use blog and you can subscribe to follow right here: http://jeepndel.blogspot.com/. My BlueRibbon partner, Don Amador has a very active blog as well right here: http://thegeneralsrecreationden.blogspot.com/
5. Access Army: if you’ve not seen the new Access Army, with our pens and shovels, please visit: http://www.accessarmy.com/
6. BlueRibbon Coalition: if you’ve not seen the new BlueRibbon Coalition website and magazine, this is worth a cruise through…check it out at http://www.sharetrails.org, these folks are the grassroots leaders nationally for saving trails, sharing trails and keeping our sports alive and well. Join or donate to BRC here: https://www.sharetrails.org/secure/join_or_contribute/
7. Farmington, NM: Glad Run; Choke Cherry: Glade Run Recreation Area contains many serious 4x4 areas, including Choke Cherry, and it's Loren Healy's backyard (Loren is the Current King of the Hammers). The BLM came up with two plans for the area that would mark trails and put existing ones on the map. Now they are coming up with Alternative maps that do not make much sense and do not match up with what the locals think should be done. We need LETTERS from you, please.
PLEASE TAKE FIVE MINUTES TO WRITE A COMMENT TO THE BLM: it’s been made easy with a letter generator here:
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Ps. Thanks to Net10.net, Bob Melani, for hosting my email system and newsletter. http://www.net10.net/